One of the major differences that has come from changing my college is that I have had to attend more classes in IIT than I used to in DCE.
Have I become more sincere?
Or is it mere coincindence that I attend more classes in IIT.
I thought about it and concluded that the difference was due to the absence of mass bunks in Kgp.
Isn't that a good thing?
Good or bad - atleast I do not like the complete absence of mass bunks in Kgp. Although, one can always bunk classes as an individual, the fun factor goes away. Moreover one would lose his/her attendance for the class.
Probably I am being a bit nostalgic, but I really miss the mass bunks that we used to have in DCE. Mass bunks are a part and parcel of college life in Delhi University. You may consider it to be a subset of the jugad culture that exists there. The absence of such a culture as well as the stringent IIT system has made it almost impossible for mass bunks to happen. College Festivals would have been a reason for mass bunks in DCE. In IIT, the festivals have been made to coincide with weekends. Again, we would bunk when we disliked a particular professor. But here, almost all professors are so well qualified that a guilty feeling creeps whenever we think of mass bunking. Tutorials which we always bunked at Delhi are almost never bunked here in Kgp because we are marked during the Tutorial classes. Plus the over-competitive environment has made it very difficult for the students to work as a team towards a common goal.
Oh! how I wish, the IIT system would be a little considerate of the students! Or the students who wish to attend classes a little considerate of their fellow students! However, kintu, parantu, all hope is not lost. I appeal to all Kgpians to join hands in reviving (if it was ever there) or atleast bringing some hint of a mass bunk culture in the IIT system. Some human element in the very stringent IIT system!!
Super hooper in Germany!
14 years ago
Reply to this post
Post a Comment