You might ask why am I writing about the Indian Air Force??
Firstly, I have spent 18 years of my life watching this wonderful organisation function
Secondly, I saw 'Rang de Basanti' & 'Lakshya' yesterday - that too - back to back!! ;)
Thirdly, I guess I owe it a lot!
With frequent postings in the Indian Air Force, one has to travel a little, whether you like it or not. Those having an inclination towards travel & wanting to see different places, I guess the IAF is the best place to be in.
Accomodation is not a problem with an Air Force Station wherever you go.
The Mess offers good quality food at a very cheap rate - & the best part is - the cleanliness.
I guess very few in Kgp have travelled as much as I have - from Kaziranga National Park to Kanyakumari in the far south, travelling to places gives a broader perspective of life. One gets to know the culture of various places - all in all - it is real fun.
4. Fitness
Well!! Firstly, only fit people are taken in the IAF. And then with Gymnasiums & Sports Complexes in all the Stations, one doesn't have to struggle to remain fit. Remaining fit is a way of life in the IAF.
3. Campus Life
Social gatherings for new years, farewells etc. etc. is very common. It is actually one of the best parts of life in IAF. किसी प्रकार का कोई टेंशन नही है - पीस ही पीस है [No tension whatsoever - all peaceful].
Although you are supposed to be ready for anything anytime, the job is generally quiet peaceful with a fixed 0730 to 1400 hrs or so & then PT thrice a week or so. It is much like life in a University Campus with protocols of course.
Although you are supposed to be ready for anything anytime, the job is generally quiet peaceful with a fixed 0730 to 1400 hrs or so & then PT thrice a week or so. It is much like life in a University Campus with protocols of course.
2. Free Medical Treatment
I don't think anybody knows this better than me. Having been hospitalised twice and getting free medical treatment for my acne + regular eye & dental checkups, I don't think such good & selfless service one can get anywhere else. No issues - nothing. Hats off to the doctors in the Indian Military!!
1. Pride
The glamour of the IAF has faded a bit with globalisation and all. But I guess, with the revised Pay & Promotion structure & global recession, the IAF is back in the reckoning.
In my opinion, this has to be the No. 1 reason!

6 comments
Out of the above, I think only the first one is convincing enough :P
And yes, nice to see the spirit to work for the nation in you ;)
Well!! I guess one has to experience life in the IAF to be completely convinced!!
All I can say is ki agar ye blog kal ke akhbaar me chhap gaya to log apne bachcho ko medical aur engineering ke bajay air force me bhejna shuru kar denge:D
for those interested in a career in the IAF check out http://careerairforce.nic.in/home.html
I had just been to AF Stn Pune because I had to go for my interview in Symbiosis Law College. After having stayed in the mess and eating food in the mess with Sukhoi 30 pilots, I was wondering why I want to get into law. I ideally should be studying for NDA and join the Air Force. For all you may know, we might end up in the Air Force!
@Ravitej: True, very true. Having been born and brought up in AF stations, one really wonders if life outside the AF campus will be as wonderful as it is inside it.
Post a Comment