A victory has always been celebrated with firecrackers & sweets. But the new mantra to celebrating a victory is ingenuity. So here are 5 ways to spice up your victory celebration.
Chest Thump
Unfortunately, the Bryan Brothers known lost in the Wimbledon finals to the Nestor/Zimonjic pair this year. Nevertheless, the pair has been known for its signature chest thump.
There you are. This is what I was talking of. This is a subtle variation of the chest thump we do with our fists when we are proud of ourselves. The Bryan Brothers are proud of each other.Take off your Shirt
This was popularised by Sourav Ganguly aka Dada/Prince of Kolkata when he took off his shirt after India won in the Natwest Series final in 2002.
Tempo Shout
This must be new to non-Kgpians. Below is the video of the Tempo Shout of Nehru Hall. Nehru may be suitably replaced by one's own organisation.
Dance
Jiggle dance, booty dance - call it what you want to. Shanthakumaran Sreesanth is the thrilling face of bold new India. And he has shown all Indians how to celebrate - aggressively.
The Huddle
This was a familiar sight during the 2003 edition of the world cup when the Indian Cricket team were runners up. After every wicket, the team would gather in a huddle and (discuss team strategy?) cow down the opposition.
The idea was supposedly touted by the veteran spin bowler of the Indian Cricket team Anil Kumble Sandy Gordon, a psychologist who was working with the Indian Cricket team. All the team members had supported the idea unequivocally.
Another innovative way to celebrate your victory.
No matter how you big or how small your victory. A victory is always sweet.
So why not celebrate it with pomp and show?
How do you celebrate?
P.S. I have updated the post. The huddle it seems wasn't Anil Kumble's idea but Sandy Gordon's. Nevertheless, huddles have existed for some time. The reader who is more interested about it may read the wikipedia article on huddles.

7 comments
Chest thump is really cool.I like Hewitt's "Come on!" with a clenched fist.
I celebrate by not celebrating at all.Its cool-try it out.Totally freaks out the opponent. ;)
The huddle was started by Sourav back when he was stand-in captain during the Sahara Cup in Toronto, and became a more regular feature once he took over as the regular captain.
@Kaushik: We both appear to be wrong. I think I had heard Anil Kumble say in an interview that the huddle was his idea. But looks like my memory has failed me.
The huddle it seems was introduced by Sandy Gordon, a psychologist who had worked with the Indian cricket team. Try googling "Sandy Gordon huddle".
Nevertheless, one cannot always rely upon the internet as a reliable source of information. If anyone can come up with a more reliable source, they are welcome to present it as comments to this post.
1. An exultant Brett Lee looking to punch the pitch.
2. An over the moon Alessandro Del Piero skidding on his knees in Turin.
3. Nani's(he didn't start it though) million different headstands and cartwheels.
4. Aristotle's Eureka-ine run.
Just some of the many different ways in which I would like to celebrate(spare the fourth ;)).
I thought of 3. but decided against including it in my post - had to have 5 (5 sounded good). 4. really didn't occur to me! Yeah, that is really a good idea, but I wonder if anyone should be willing to try it out.
Really interesting post, I must say!
Dropped here while random blog hoping. Nice blog.
@ One more blogger: Thanks a lot!
Post a Comment