The Southernmost tip of India - not something one dreams of travelling to every now and then. But then, being brought up in a family that has led a nomadic life - or rather - being from an Air Force background - this wasn't much of a surprise.
So, when a day trip to Kanyakumari - which is barely 100kms from Trivandrum is planned - I wasn't excited - but surely looking forward to the trip - as any other.
Vivekananda Rock
I had been to Kanyakumari some time back - well - that is 16 years back - if you can call that some time.
And all I could remember of that trip - was Vivekananda Rock.
That is all I knew was Kanyakumari.
That is what I still know of Kanyakumari.
Even though the trip comprised of much more than Vivekananda Rock, it is Vivekanda rock and the sea-side breeze of the place that has still stuck with me after the journey.
The newly constructed Thiruvalluvar Statue and the town-side shops of Kanyakumari are an added bonus. But it was the Vivekananda Rock that had me stumped.
Padmanabhapuram Palace, Suchindram Temple et al
The Padmanabhapuram Palace although not in Kanyakumari is a must see for anybody going to Kanyakumari.
So too is the Suchindram Temple.
Though I must caution anybody planning a visit to the temple to be prudent in deciding the itinerary for their journey. For all the effort, you may find the temple closed because you didn't know the temple timings - and be satisfied with the photograph of the temple entrance. :D
The Padmanabhapuram Palace - is in India - though many may think otherwise. And if you were to believe all the hogwash of the guides in the Palace, nothing like this has been been built - ever before in India - leading one all the more to doubt its origins.
A Final Word
Those who are visiting Kerala/Tamil Nadu for the first time are advised to play it easy on their cameras. For you wouldn't wish to post photographs on blogs just because multiple shots of the same mountain had been taken at multiple instances of time.
Those who are visiting Kerala/Tamil Nadu for the first time are advised to play it easy on their cameras. For you wouldn't wish to post photographs on blogs just because multiple shots of the same mountain had been taken at multiple instances of time.
And this - was taken - specifically for Jazzonomics.
And if my esteemed readers don't mind, will be posted at the end of all posts henceforth.

2 comments
The photos are amazing Jazzy. Seems like you had an awesome holiday.
eh? That is what happens when one takes 200 odd photos on a single trip. Some photos are bound to be be good :D
But yeah! I had a really amazing time if you leave out the nonsense that I had to hear from the travel guides.
Post a Comment