Friday, March 13, 2009

Ambigram: Mainak

This is my first attempt at an ambigram. This was the product of an otherwise unproductive Maths class - yes the same one which I had bunked.

And if you are wondering what I have written - that is my first name - Mainak. I actually did not imagine that I would be able to produce an ambigram out of my name. However, this try has left me thirsty for more. I am presently working on producing an ambigram out of my name in a font which I call Old Monk.

More of Old Monk and others in a later post though.

N.B. - This image has been scanned directly with no added effects. However, I would be glad to hear your suggestions.

9 comments

RaSh said...

Aha! That surely is a good time pass hobby! :D

Maybe you should look online for some inspiration/ideas. I guess this could be good for a start!

Unknown said...

cool! make one for me also :P

Mainak said...

@Rash: The site is quiet useful. It almost obviates the requirement of manually making ambigrams. It however fails in making ambigrams for certain words - awesome though for a start

@Anurag: This was my first ambigram. Hopefully, I will be making many more in the time to come

Anonymous said...

It's really awesome ..will you please make for me also .. ...


thanks and keep going .....

http://opensource.comli.com/blog

Mainak said...

This is my first ambigram...didn't come easy - these responses have left me flattered! Hope I will be able to find some time out during the holidays to complete the requests

Anonymous said...

I like this, reminds me of a passtime I've abandoned lately

Mainak said...

Thnx a lot!! Even ur ambigrams are really good. I guess I must try a few more in my vacations.

Kiran said...

out-freakng-standing!

Mainak said...

@Kiran: What does that adjective mean? I'll take that as a complement ;)

Thanks a lot!

Post a Comment