Sunday, October 18, 2009

Illumination and Rangoli: Day -1

The Results are Out

Diwali is over. Actually not. According to the lunar calander (or whatever), I am informed that Diwali would be till 4 o' clock in the morning. All of us go out to see how other halls had fared in the competition. Then we gathered at the Gymkhana where the results would be declared.

Post-Result Euphoria

RK bagged the gold in Illumination. RP bagged the gold. LLR and SN bagged the silver and bronze in both the categories. PAN loop had to be satisfied with nothing.

There was lot of talk about it. Some said the results had been rigged since all the GSecs were from LLR and RK/RP + SN was a girls hall - so they had to get something. Others argued that RK/RP/LLR have traditionally won this competition and they are really good at it.

Alternate Versions of Illuminations

After the accident, people started theorizing alternate versions of Illu (some really crazy ones though!).

  1. Instead of putting up tables to light the diyas, run a thread along all the diyas. At the right moment, burn the thread so that it would light up all the diyas. (Unreliable?)
  2. Put a cap on the height of the chatais. This will decrease the number of accidents that happen. (A cap on creativity too?!)
  3. Have a mirror chatai which will be lighted well in advance. This chatai can be used to light up the original chatai. (The budget would be doubled then!)
  4. Run a pipe of natural gas with openings at the right places. Ignite the thing when you have to light the diyas. (Budget?! Safe?)

The Rangoli was something that bowled me over. I had never expected something like that - near Paintings. And it wasn't just Nehru. Every hall I visited just made it look better and better.

The photographs have started pouring in. I'll keep updating this post to include more and more of them. In between, I'll try and manage a video of the split call, so that non-Kgpians can get a real idea what it is all about.

And oh! I had forgotten! Wishing my esteemed readers a very happy Diwali/Dhanteras/whatever.

@RK: Gold (Theme: Samudra Manthan)

@LLR: Silver

Rangoli: @RP (Gold)

Rangoli: @RK

Rangoli: @MMM

Rangoli @Azad

All for this:


Related Posts

Illumination And Rangoli: Day 0

Illumination and Rangoli: The Countdown

2 comments

causticji said...

Awesome, just awesome. Chuck engineering, seriously.

Mainak said...

Yeah! Awesome. But chuck engineering? Why? I am getting all this in an engineering college, ain't I? Then why chuck engineering?

Post a Comment