Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Kshitij 2010: A Review

Kshitij was bigger than SF. When I mean bigger, I mean the numbers. Kgp was crowded like hell during Kshitij.

This Kshitij was different. Instead of attending guest lectures and going to Mega-shows, I decided to participate - in quizzing, my new-founded love from SF. Not that I am any good at it - but basically I really enjoyed the experience. It was a lot of fun.

8 quizzes (I participated in 5) in a span of a week drew me into quizzing. We decided to form a permanent team so that we didn't have to look for people when we had quizzes. We are still in search of a fourth member.

Then a quiz blog was started where we would be posting questions daily. This way we would remain in touch with quizzing on a daily basis. You can check it out here.

I have started attending quiz club meetings and surfing the quiz blogs and the Wikipedia. So, basically I have taken up quizzing in a big way. 

Now if this hasn't convinced you about my interest in quizzing, here is a photograph of my room-wall that will quell all your doubts.

Quizzing all the Way!!

Kshitij had delivered. It had all the big sponsors. Lots of participants. Kgp wasn't Kgp for a few days.

But I pray to God/Ktj Core Team that it doesn't get any bigger.

P.S: Since Quizzing was the only thing that I did during Kshitij, I had very less to write about it. I'll be visiting the Kolkata Book Fair this weekend. Hope I'll have more to share then. Till then, Ciao.

3 comments

Vigneshwar said...

Mainak did you arul mani's way of quizzing?

One more blogger said...

Happy quizzing :)
Good atleast some found more interest in quiz than other popular events!

Mainak said...

@Vigneshwar: At Kshitij the quizzes were conducted by Mr. Joy Bhattacharya and Mr. Arul Mani. I guess I enjoyed both their styles of quizzing. Arul Mani's quizzes in particular required a bit of depth of knowledge and some intelligent guessing.

@One more blogger: Thanks a lot! Yeah! I am still wondering how I got drawn into quizzing when there was so much going around in Kshitij. Maybe it was because of the attractive prize money ;) ... or maybe because I enjoyed participating rather than just watching!

Post a Comment