Thursday, June 25, 2009

Tribute to Michael Jackson



RIP Michael Jackson You'll be missed! x



What a shock RIP Michael Jackson - loss of a true legend!


He might not be here but his music is still alive! R.I.P Michael Jackson


RIP Michael Jackson. You have transcended generations, music fads and skeptics. You are a legend.


Thanks for the music and the moonwalk. bye, bye MJ. RIP.


I couldn't make head or tail of these tweets when I woke up in the morning to the news of  Michael Jackson's death. It didn't seem real.


News channels were blaring the news on the headlines. Millions have been mourning over his death.


Fans on the camera talked passionately of his moonwalk, glove, ow!, crotch grabbing, plastic surgeries & his dress sense. Reporters dubbed him as the Peter Pan - the boy who never grew up.


For someone like me who has grown up in a milieu where Bollywood numbers are what people live and die by, Michael Jackson was certainly an exception. My mother who detests 'non-Indian' songs & movies to the core informed me of his sad demise the first thing in the morning.


I wasn't surprised. Nor was I shocked. It was a strange feeling. Very difficult to describe.


I wasn't a big fan of Michael Jackson. Never heard many of his songs.


But that doesn't mean a thing.


People discouraged me to listen to his songs. He was a drug addict, a child molestor & an eccentric character. Only his break dance stood out.


Nevertheless, I got to listen to some of his popular number when in high school & I was clearly mesmerised. I made it a point to see some of his videos when I got the opportunity.


Whether I am a fan of Michael Jackson or not, I cannot deny the genius of Michael Jackson - his ability. He is someone who has stood out & mesmerised generations. And that is why I am paying him a tribute.


May his soul remain the boy he always wanted to be.

8 comments

Piyush said...

WE're the world was a masterpiece.I hope his songs now gain even more popularity among the Indian crowd.

Prateek Agarwal said...

Same here Jazzy. Even I wasn't a big MJ fan. But you can't deny his brilliance. He was pioneer in making break dance what it is today.
RIP Michael Jackson.

Mainak said...

@Piyush & Prateek Agarwal: True, a fan or not, one cannot deny MJ's brilliance. The world has lost one of the finest entertainers it had ever produced.

Nigel G Mitchell said...

He was a great entertainer, but that doesn't make him a good person. I think the negatives in his life outweighed the positives. I predict that, now that he's dead, his truly misdeeds will come out. The world will be flooded with stories from children he molested, and his legacy will be as the most successful child molester who ever lived.

Nigel G Mitchell said...

Truly misdeeds=true misdeeds

Mainak said...

@Monkey Migrane: I never said that I admired those qualities of MJ. However, MJ was an entertainer par excellence & one cannot deny it - whether you are a fan of MJ or not.

causticji said...

Since he didn't really produce any awesome material in the last 2 decades, it's not like we're the mourning the loss of an artist in his/her prime. Also, most people, especially in India, who are mourning now are the ones who used to make fun of him till the day before he died - be it with respect to his alleged paedophilia or simply his 'ow!' or his dance moves.

Mainak said...

@Kaushik: I don't think it would be fair to judge an artist that way. We cannot expect an artist to keep producing throughout his/her life. Most artists have some works which have made them famous. It is true for most artists (save a few).

Secondly, I think there is a fine distinction dividing the people who jeered MJ & the people who were not his fans.

Post a Comment