Friday, October 9, 2009

A Curious Case of Jalebis and Roshogollas



A Sweet Treat

Looks yummy, doesn't it? Roshogollas and Jalebis. A Sweet Treat.

That is what I thought when we were first taken for the treat on 6th October. A Sweet Treat.

That day I learnt - It is nice to have sour food items too.

Why the treat?

Bimala Sweets at 0700 hours for a sweet treat. I was all confused. Has OP started again? Or is it the OP treat? Placement treat? Illumination treat.

I have never appreciated sweets much. More so, the idea that someone should push sweets down my throat is something I had never concocted in my wildest imagination.

But this was Nehru Hall. And Nehru Hall has 'some tempo'.

Tempo to do what I really don't know - but 'some tempo'. In Kgp lingo, tempo is the enthusiasm/zeal one shows in doing something. Higher the zeal - higher the tempo.

So for 'God knows what reason' we were taken for this treat. Most of us were puzzled. Even more puzzling was the presence of first year students.

"You won't be served again"

In the first round, we are served Jalebis. "Take as much as you can. You won't be served again".

I take two Jalebis.

What ensued can best be described in the C programming language as follows...

do{

if(!eating)
      Push 5 jalebis/roshogollas down his throat;

else
      Serve more; //"Please take atleast 3"

if(Professor's arrive)
      break;

}(1);

My final count

9 Roshogollas. 10 Jalebis.

Not as many as compared to many of my batchmates.

But I am not the kind of person who can swallow whatever is pushed down the throat.

For my throat takes only that much as my stomach can digest.

2 comments

causticji said...

I would love to be part of a situation like this - unlimited sweets for an unknown reason. What more can one ask for?!

Mainak said...

Yeah, I know. The grass is always greener on the other side. Anyways, if you think you can have unlimited sweets, try it once. I can bet your count won't go beyond 20 each ;) -- and you won't have roshogollas for many days to come!

Post a Comment