Pre-monsoons showers have arrived in Thiruvananthapuram. The mercury has plummeted to a nadir providing respite from the summer heat.
Rainfall pattern here is similar to that of Guwahati. It drizzles incessantly for hours bringing the temperature down.
It is quiet unlike Bangalore or Delhi. In Delhi, it rarely rains. In Bangalore, it invariably rains during the night. By dawn, the rain would have halted confirming to the city's busy lifestyle.
Rainfall pattern in Kharagpur is particularly notorious. It almost always rains on Fridays - which spoiled innumerable ED (Engineering Drawing) sheets which I had painstakingly made in the classroom.
On Saturday mornings, when we had our NCC parade, the rain would have stopped. In fact, it never rained on Saturday mornings! However, as the sun sets, black clouds start hovering overhead and by evening, it would be raining heavily spoiling our plans for the evening.
I have never understood the Rain Gods (i.e. if any such God did exist). Why doesn't it rain when there is a drought? Why does it keep raining when not required? (for instance, when Mumbai was getting flooded)
And more importantly, why did it never rain when we had our NCC parades?

4 comments
You're a Delhiite in IIT-KGP right? What are you doing in T'puram - holidaying in the pre-monsoons? And don't tell me you've stayed in B'lr as well? Wow, quite an All-India citizen you are!
PS. For best results, try Mawsynram.
Eh? I think you should read more posts to get a better idea!
I am a Bengali in IIT-Kgp! I have lived outside Bengal all my life because my father is serving in the IAF. I think that explains why I am an all-India citizen!
In btw, I have been to Mawsynram! ;) (Sorry, I forgot about it in my post!)
Five years of Delhi monsoon has made me forget what a monsoon really is!
@Ravitej...: Very true. It rarely rains in Delhi. Thiruvananthapuram though is different ;)
Post a Comment